Skip to content

Welcome to the ISSS platform for the UW Seattle campus!

This site is intended for International Students (admitted, continuing, and alumni) who are/were enrolled at the Seattle campus to interact with UW offices regarding your non-immigrant F-1 or J-1 visa status. If you are looking for general F or J immigration information, go to International Student Services.

What is MyISSS and What Can I Do Here? 

International Student and Scholar Services experience (ISSS) is a technology platform that Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) and International Student Services (ISS) uses to interact with F-1 and J-1 students to create requests, maintain your immigration record, report required immigration information to the U.S. government, and provide you with critical information and updates about your visa status throughout your studies at the UW.

Your MyISSS student profile is created after you have been offered and admission and you confirm enrollment with the Seattle campus if you require an F or J visa to study in the U.S. The ISSS platform is the primary tool you will need to request immigration documents and successfully maintain your immigration status. It will also help you navigate university policies as it relates to your F or J visa status and federal regulations.  


Currently enrolled students or returning to the Seattle campus? 

Use your UW NetID and password to access your MyISSS platform. The initial welcome screen will display general information and reminders for current students, an overview of your personal & program information, and a tab for Requests & Documents where you can access/download official documents from the ISS. You can also submit new requests relevant to your F or J status and review your current immigration information. Most often, you will use MyISSS to request a benefit of your non-immigrant status from ISS – for example, a travel signature, approval for Curricular Practical Training or an Alternate Vacation Quarter. You will also use MyISSS to check the status of pending requests, access or download documents, and receive important reminders.  

New to the Seattle campus of the UW?

After you receive your offer of admission and confirm enrollment through the UW's Enrollment Confirmation System, you will receive an email invitation to the MyISSS platform. This email invitation is sent about 3-5 days after the enrollment confirmation has been received and posted to your UW student account. You will not be able to access the ISSS platform until your enrollment confirmation data has been updated in the University's student database and you receive the email invitation. Once you receive the email invitation, use your UW NetID and password to login to your ISSS profile and request an I-20 or DS-2019 for studies at the UW. 

If it has been more than 5 business days since your enrollment confirmation was posted to your student account, please contact the admissions office for additional assistance.
  • Bachelor's degree students (freshman and transfers) - contact Undergraduate Admissions at
  • Master's and Doctoral degree students - contact Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) at 
Include the following information in your email: 
  • First and Last Name 
  • UW student ID 
  • Description of the issue encountered when attempting to start a request or login
  • Screenshot, if possible 

Who can help if I am still having MyISSS login problems?

We understand that this platform can be confusing, but we are here to help! Different offices use this platform to interact with international students, so who to contact for help will depend on your relationship and current status at the UW. Here is a guide to which office may be able to assist you further based on your status:
  • Undergraduate Office of Admissions -
    • Request an initial or transfer I-20 for a Bachelor's degree program
    • Request an I-20 for a change of visa status before your Bachelor's degree program begins
    • Correcting or updating an initial, transfer, or change of status I-20 for a Bachelor's degree program before classes begin
    • Former UW student enrolling in a new Bachelor's degree program at the UW
  • Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) -
    • Request an initial or transfer I-20 for a Master's or Doctoral (PhD) degree program
    • Request an I-20 for a change of visa status before your Master's or Doctoral (PhD) degree program begins
    • Correcting or updating an initial, transfer, or change of status I-20 for a Master's or Doctoral (PhD) degree program before classes begin
    • Former UW student enrolling in a new Master's or Doctoral (PhD) degree program at the UW
  • International Student Services (ISS) - Contact Us form 
    • All requests for currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students in F or J status
    • Students completing the ISS F-1 or J-1 check-in 
    • Returning students coming back to the UW to continue in the same degree program
    • Alumni on Optional Practical Training, Academic Training, or an OPT STEM extension