Welcome to the ISSS platform for the UW Seattle campus!
This site is intended for International Students (admitted, enrolled, and alumni) enrolled at the Seattle campus to interact with the international offices regarding your non-immigrant visa status. If you are looking for general information about the International Student Services office, please visit our UW institutional website.
What is MyISSS and What Can I Do Here?
Your MyISSS student profile is created after you have confirmed enrollment with the UW if you indicated you will need an F or J visa to study at the UW. The ISSS site is the primary tool you will need to successfully maintain your status and navigate the university, according to the federal regulations for your visa status.
Currently enrolled or returning to the Seattle campus?
Use your UW NetID and password to access your MyISSS platform. The initial welcome screen will display general information and reminders for current students, an overview of your personal & program information, and a tab for Requests & Documents where you can receive official documents from the ISS and submit new requests relevant to your F or J status. show your current status Most often, you will use MyISSS to request a benefit of your non-immigrant status from International Student Services – for example, a travel signature, approval for Curricular Practical Training or an Alternate Vacation Quarter. You can also use MyISSS to check the status of pending requests, access documents, and receive important reminders.
New to the Seattle campus of the UW?If you recently confirmed enrollment using the Enrollment Confirmation System, it takes up to 3 business days for your status to update in the University database and for your information to be sent to the ISSS platform. After you have confirmed enrollment, you will receive an email invitation to login to the ISSS platform. The ISSS invitation email will be sent approximately 3-5 business days after your enrollment confirmation has been processed and updated across University databases.
If it has been more than 5 business days since you confirmed enrollment, please contact the appropriate admissions office for assistance.
- Bachelor's degree students (freshman and transfers) - contact Undergraduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Master's and Doctoral degree students - contact Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) at email@example.com
Issues encountered when attempting to start a request or login
Screenshot, if possible
Who can help if I am still having MyISSS login problems?
- Undergraduate Office of Admissions - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request an initial or transfer I-20 for a Bachelor's degree program
- Request an I-20 for a change of visa status before your Bachelor's degree program begins
- Correcting or updating an initial, transfer, or change of status I-20 for a Bachelor's degree program before classes begin
- Former UW student enrolling in a new Bachelor's degree program at the UW
- Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) - email@example.com
- Request an initial or transfer I-20 for a Master's or Doctoral (PhD) degree program
- Request an I-20 for a change of visa status before your Master's or Doctoral (PhD) degree program begins
- Correcting or updating an initial, transfer, or change of status I-20 for a Master's or Doctoral (PhD) degree program before classes begin
- Former UW student enrolling in a new Master's or Doctoral (PhD) degree program at the UW
- International Student Services (ISS) - Contact Us form
- All requests for currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students in F or J status
- Students completing the ISS F-1 or J-1 check-in
- Returning students coming back to the UW to continue in the same degree program
- Alumni on Optional Practical Training, Academic Training, or an OPT STEM extension